React and Respond: The Phenomenon of Kony 2012
Recently there has been a lot of talk about Kony 2012 video by Invisible Children Inc. Teachers have expressed their desire for information about Joseph Kony and Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA). The Outreach Council of the African Studies Association in conjunction with the Association of Concerned African Scholars are sharing suggestions on how educators (and concerned citizens) can effectively engage and address the issues raised by Kony 2012 by providing an African perspective on the controversy.
1. Teaching guide to Kony 2012 Video- React and Respond: The Phenomenon of Kony 2012
- A brief guide to LRA & Joseph Kony, Patrick Vinck
- Guidelines to teaching about issues raised by Kony 2012, John Metzler
- Media Literacy inquiry: Thinking about the Kony 2012 video and about social media, Barbara B. Brown
- Further ResourcesChristine Root for Association of Concerned Africa Scholars video
- What Can We Do about Uganda and the LRA?Association of Concerned Africa Scholars