The University of Wisconsin-Madison Global Health Institute (GHI) has opened the application period for its 2019 grants and awards. This competitive grant program is designed to support global health efforts of faculty, staff and graduate students across campus, fostering the Wisconsin Idea locally and globally.
This year, the Institute will offer a new grant targeted specifically for health clinicians and again offer its Seed Grants for new projects that will secure future outside funding. The Institute also makes awards for graduate student research, visiting scholars, and faculty and staff travel.
The deadline for grant applications is 11:59 p.m. January 28, 2019. Seed grant applicants also must submit a letter of intent by December 21, 2018.
Here is where to find application information for the grants:
- Seed Grants support new global health research projects to make them competitive for sustained external funding. Application information is available here.
- Clinical Research Awards support UW-Madison and UW Health clinicians, graduate medical trainees and students in relevant programs who are exploring potential research topics that will enhance global health clinical activities at UW-Madison and beyond. Application information is available here.
- Henry Anderson III Graduate Student Award in Environmental, Occupational and Public Health supports graduate students interested in pursuing research in those topic areas. Application information is available here.
- Graduate Student Research Awards support doctoral students pursuing work in any relevant discipline whose graduate work will enhance global health activities on the UW-Madison campus and beyond. Grants of up to $3,000 each will be awarded. Application information is available here.
- Visiting Scholar Awards bring visitors to UW-Madison who substantially enhance global health activities on campus in collaboration with a sponsoring UW-Madison faculty member or faculty team. Grants of up to $8,000 each will be awarded. Application information is available here.
- Faculty and Staff Travel Awards are available for UW-Madison faculty and staff who are GHI affiliates. They can be used for international travel related to educational and research activities. Grants of up to $2,500 each will be awarded. Application information is available here.
All applicants must fill out the Application Title Page 2019.
For more information, call 608-265-9299 or email email@example.com.