The JALTA Editorial Search Committee is seeking an outstanding academic researcher(s) with experience in publishing, and ideally prior experience of editing a journal and/or reviewing academic journal articles. JALTA is a peer-reviewed journal and therefore applicants must be familiar with academic peer reviewing procedures.
- Leading on the strategic development of the Journal with a particular focus on maintaining quality and impact.
- Soliciting reviewers, assigning and balancing review work load.
- Managing the receipt and peer reviews of scholarly submissions.
- Coordinating with authors, and managing the selection and revision of articles.
- Soliciting and encouraging submissions to the journal from established researchers in the field and from promising early career researchers.
- Ensuring there is a publication every year at specific time. The final manuscript must be submitted for publication by January 31 annually.
Interested candidates are requested to email a covering letter and CV to the Chair of the Editorial Search Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy ALTA Secretariat (alta email@example.com) for consideration. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each application will be judged on its merits without regard to the race, religion, nationality, sex, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the candidate.
The closing date for applications for this position is April 12, 2020