Project 1808, a Madison-based non-profit which works in Sierra Leone, seeks a Senegal Program Coordinator and project interns.
Project 1808 is dedicated to improving community livelihood and technical capacity in Sierra Leone through school, community projects and global partnerships. Currently they support over 400 students in Kabala, Koinadugu, Sierra Leone where they provide scholarships, after-school tutoring, mentorship, and leadership opportunities while encouraging students to engage in community service.
The Senegal Program Coordinator and intern(s) will assist with the expansion of programs and a partnership with a new nonprofit organization working in Senegal. Project 1808 is looking for individuals who have either lived in Senegal, studied Senegalese culture and/or have some experience with French (Conversational/Intermediate).
The Senegal Program Coordinator and Intern(s) might be asked to assist with:
- Developing ideas and framework for our Senegalese partners based on our programs in Sierra Leone
- Duplicating and adapting our Science and Leadership Festival in Senegal
- Organizing a shipment of medical supplies to Senegalese communities in partnership with the Wisconsin Medical Project
- Planning October fundraiser in Madison featuring a popular Senegalese hip hop artist
- Acquiring financial support for Senegal programs through grants and sponsorship
- Possibility of traveling to Senegal or assisting with travel planning
- Experience studying/living in Senegal desired but not required
These are volunteer positions open to students, staff, and community members. Interested individuals should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.