The African Studies Program seeks an Office Management Intern to assist with the day-to-day business of the center.
Specific Duties Include:
- Serve as a professional representative of African Studies Program (ASP) to our faculty, staff, and external community.
- Respond promptly and professionally to ASP center email and direct inquiries to appropriate personnel within the program.
- Plan events including support of the ASP weekly seminar series “Africa at Noon,” and assist with conferences and special events.
- Coordinate travel logistics for invited guests.
- Assist with maintenance of financial records, inventories, and communications databases.
- Assist with general office tasks such as campus pick-ups/deliveries, making copies, scanning, creating flyers, hanging posters around campus, etc
Applicants must be available on Wednesdays from 11:30am to 1:30pm to assist with Africa at Noon.
Application Requirements include a resume, letter of interest/cover letter, student record (unofficial transcript), two relevant writing samples, and the names and phone numbers of two references.