We thank the community members, alumni, professors, staff, and friends who have generously given to the African Cultural Studies of the University of Wisconsin-Madison to support our mission of research, teaching, training, and outreach in the general cross-disciplinary field of African studies. Our faculty – over 90 members in nearly 40 different departments – has, over the years, produced path-breaking research on African history, politics, legal systems, land resources, arts, culture, and languages. While maintaining these strengths, we have moved in the 21st century toward supporting research and training in business, law, the sciences, public health, and medicine in Africa. Africa courses on the Madison campus reach 4,000 undergraduates annually. About 120 Africanist graduate students are training at Wisconsin in a multitude of disciplines to provide coming generations the Africa expertise that the continent and the world require.
Private monetary gifts help us maintain our achievement as one of the world’s most important centers for the study of Africa. Gifts of any size are welcome and gratefully appreciated.
By default, general contributions support the African Studies Program Fund towards:
- Research in Africa by UW-Madison faculty members and graduate students
- Special learning opportunities for undergraduate students in Africa such as overseas modules immediately following African courses in UW-Madison
- Scholarships for graduate students from African countries study in UW-Madison
You can also give specifically to one of our other funds below. We are also happy to discuss any special wishes or intentions you may have as a donor.
- Farha Tahir Award in African History Fund
- M. Crawford Young Fellowship Fund in African Politics
- Tejumola Olaniyan International Student Travel Award Fund
- William A. Brown Memorial Lecture Fund
- To make a donation online, simply click on the fund you wish to donate to and the link will take you directly to the University of Wisconsin Foundation website. If you prefer to make your gift by check, please make your check payable to the University of Wisconsin Foundation/African Studies Program, write the fund name in the check memo line, and send it to:
U.S. Bank Lockbox
Milwaukee, WI 53278-0807
For questions or more information on other ways to give to the African Cultural Studies of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, please contact:
African Studies Program
If for any reason, including anonymity, you prefer to deal directly with the UW Foundation, please contact Ann Lippincott, Senior Development Program Manager, at 608.263.3604 or email@example.com. Refer to African Studies Program Gift Fund no. 1201154.