The Continuing Connections grant is intended to support strategic collaborative relationships or joint projects between Madison-area professionals and UW-Madison YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship alumni.
This is an open call. Mandela Washington Fellows who attended the summer institute on public management at UW-Madison between 2016 and 2018 may submit an application with any campus* or community member. Applicants may include UW-Madison or UW-system faculty, academic staff, staff scientists, state employees, local community members, volunteers, or other Madison-area professionals that the fellows met through networking, site visits, hosted meals, community service, or other institute activities.
View all UW-Madison YALI-MWF alumni here.
*Unfortunately, UW-Madison policy prohibits this funding from being used to support UW-Madison undergraduate or graduate student travel. As such, students may still submit proposals, though the proposal will be limited to bringing a Mandela Fellow alum back to Madison.
Up to $5000 is available to support international travel costs. Applicants may request funds to bring MWF alumni to Madison or to support costs of sending Madison-area professionals abroad. Travel should take place between May-December 2019.
Friday, Feb 15th 11:59pm. Decisions will be returned by April 1st.
Please upload the following as a single PDF to the YALI Continuing Connections Award Application Form.
- The Resume/CV of the Madison-area professional
- The Resume/CV of the YALI-MWF alumna/alumnus
- A proposed itinerary and budget, noting any other financial support available to support the travel
- A 1-2 page description of the collaborative venture. Describe the purpose of the proposed travel and what outcomes are anticipated. Indicate how the travel support will support the applicants’ professional development and enrich their local communities. If applicable, articulate how the visit will advance the mission of the applicants’ employers or organizations. Please include a brief statement explaining how the MWF alumna/alumnus came to know the Madison-area professional during their stay in Madison.
- Optional: up to 2 letters of support.
YALI Continuing Connections Award Application Form: https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7QyMgzaVsmV3jOB