University Communications is seeking a national media relations lead to work on pitches and placement of some of our best stories, as well as the creation of an op-ed program. This is a position we’ve wanted to launch for some time and I’m excited for the chance to have a staff member work exclusively on national media. Applications close on Aug. 10.
As one of the world’s top research universities, the University of Wisconsin-Madison has a lot of compelling stories to tell. University Communications, the campus news and media relations hub, seeks a national media relations specialist to identify and place stories, faculty experts and op-eds in national print, broadcast and digital media.
- At least five years of professional experience in public relations, journalism or a related field
- Demonstrated success developing stories and building relationships with national media members
- Experience using media analytics platforms (such as Meltwater) to refine media relations efforts
- The ability to produce accurate, persuasive written and oral communications on tight deadlines
- The ability to work independently to identify opportunities and solve problems
- A good sense of humor
Click here to learn more about the position and how to apply.