The Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa (ASMEA) is pleased to invite undergraduate students to participate in its Poster Competition at the Fourteenth Annual Conference being held November 13 – 15, 2021 in Washington, D.C.
In addition, we will award Travel Grants of up to $500 to assist in covering costs associated with attending the event. This competitive opportunity is open to student members of the Association. Undergraduates can join at this membership level here.
Presenting a poster is an excellent opportunity for young scholars to showcase their work in a visual format that promotes discussion, enables interaction with seasoned academics, and receive feedback about their projects.
Information for applicants:
- Applicants must be juniors or seniors in the Fall 2021 academic year to be eligible to apply.
- Interested students must submit an application via the online submission portal and include a 300-word abstract of original unpublished data.
- Topics must be related to the Middle East and/or Africa.
- Posters may be presented virtually or in-person.
- To submit a poster proposal students do not need to be members, however, to apply for the Travel Grant in conjunction with the poster proposal, applicants will need to become undergraduate student members.
- To apply for the Travel Grant, a student will need to submit a letter of reference from an advisor.
- The deadline to submit is October 15, 2021.
Posters will be judged by how well the presenter demonstrates understanding of their subject matter as well as by the clarity of their presentation.
We would appreciate you sharing this information with your undergraduate students who may be interested in participating.