African Studies Undergraduate Internship Awards are designed to encourage students to complete internships in African countries.
Any undergraduate student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison may apply for these internships.
Undergraduate students who apply and are selected for internships at one of three International Internship Program (IIP) approved organizations in Africa will receive a $750 award from African Studies in addition to a $500 award from the IIP. Additional support is available, particularly for students with demonstrated financial need. By accepting the award, students will be required to do outreach to help promote international internships, as well as successfully complete the internship and the associated coursework.
Apply for an internship at one of the four following programs through the IIP database. Awards will automatically be granted upon acceptance.
- Save the Mothers – Uganda, Communications Intern – application closed.
- NUCAFE – Uganda, Production and Marketing Intern – application closed.
- Play Africa – South Africa, Various Positions – application closed.
- Health Access Connect – Uganda, Monitoring and Evaluation Intern – application closed.
- Health Access Connect – Uganda, Media and Communications Intern – application closed.