The International Internship Program is accepting applications for Spring and Summer 2015 internship opportunities in Uganda.
CARITAS For Children is a Milwaukee based organization that provides financial assistance for the health, education and general welfare of orphaned and disadvantaged children. Intern duties and responsibilities will vary depending on skills and interests of the intern as well as present needs at CARITAS For Children. Interns could teach in the school, assist in community outreach and education programs. Specific project goals and outcomes will be developed with the intern after selection process, but applicants must clearly articulate their personal goals for the internship and how they feel they can best contribute to the CARITAS For Children mission. Past interns have taught English, science, computer skills, and helped tutor students at the orphanage. They have also visited other community schools, kept up records, and helped coordinate between Milwaukee and Nkokonjeru staff on projects.
- Administrative/Support Services
- Economic Community Development
- Instruction – Primary School
- Social Work
- 2.5 GPA
- Openness to other cultures and ways of doing things
- Resiliency & high level of maturity and ability to thrive in new and sometimes difficult situations
- Prior international travel or living experience
- Continuing student (returning to campus or graduating abroad with department approval)
- Good interpersonal skills to work well with others in different cultures and languages
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Students do not need to be Catholic but should be supportive of faith-based development work
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing
The 2015 Spring semester deadline is October 6, 2014. Visit the IIP website for more details & application.
The 2015 Summer deadline is February 10, 2014. Visit the IPP website for more details & application.