The International Division is administering a new scholarship program for international undergraduate students. The King-Morgridge Scholars Program will welcome its first cohort of students to campus this August. As part of their introduction to the Madison community and to the university, we are looking for volunteer hosts to participate in a temporary home stay program for these students.
- We will be welcoming three female and three male students; the students are either 19 or 20 years old and will enter the university as new freshmen.
- The students are coming from the Congo (via Uganda), Kenya, Malawi, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
- Students will arrive in Madison between August 7 and 13 and will be able to move into their UW Residence hall on Saturday, August 26. Therefore, the length of the home stay will be between two and three weeks based on date of arrival.
- Host families need to be able to provide the student his/her own room and some meals.
- Unless within close walking distance, host families need to be located on/near a bus line or be able to provide daily transport to/from campus.
- Students will need to be on-campus each weekday for orientation activities organized by the International Division.
- Weekend activities for students may also occur.
If interested in volunteering to host or to request additional information, please contact Jason Jonely, King-Morgridge Scholars Program Coordinator at email@example.com