The Nominations Committee of the African Studies Association is soliciting nominations from members who wish to be considered for the 2021 election slate for positions on the Board of Directors of the ASA. If elected, board members serve for three years starting at the Fall Board meeting in the year in which they are elected and continuing through the Fall Board meeting of the third year.
• To serve and advance the interests of the ASA as a whole
• To attend all scheduled Board meetings (usually one in the fall and one in the spring)
• To serve on one or two Board committees that serve and carry out the interests of the ASA including the Annual Meeting, the Executive, Publications, Finance, or Nominations Committees
• To review the budget of the ASA
• To work productively with the Executive Director and staff of the ASA
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate please send an email to email@example.com indicating your interest in running. Please attach a one-page statement only that includes a short bio and an explanation for why you would be a good candidate for such a position (this may include past service to the ASA, other leadership positions you have occupied, any relevant experience, etc.). Submissions must be received by Wednesday, January 15, 2019, to be considered by the committee. Please note that all self-nominations must be submitted in English.