Opportunity in Washington, DC
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through ZemiTek partnered with CAMRIS International, to recruit and hire a qualified individual for the following position:
Title: Power Africa Program Analyst
United States Agency for International Development/AFR/ Power Africa
With more than 30 years’ experience providing information technology (IT) and management consulting services worldwide, Rosa Caldas, formed ZemiTek in 2007. Based in the Washington, DC metro area, ZemiTek delivers solutions to the federal government by supporting agencies such as USAID, US Patent and Trademark Office, US Department of Justice, US Department of Agriculture, and Department of Homeland Security, among others; and internationally to their missions in Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
CAMRIS International is among the top 20 USAID contractors for the third year in a row. CAMRIS realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective programs and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, CAMRIS combines proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
More than 69 percent of the population of sub-Saharan Africa has no access to electricity — and that number rises to more than 85 percent in rural areas. And yet, the region has significant potential to develop clean, geothermal, hydro, wind, and solar energy.
Power Africa will bridge the gap between Africa’s power shortage and its economic potential by working with other U.S. Government Agencies, African Governments, NGOs, and Private Sector Partners to take the steps needed to building out power generation, transmission, and expanding the reach of mini-grid and off-grid solutions.
The Program Analyst will provide support for Power Africa. As a critical member of the Power Africa Washington DC office, the incumbent will work closely with both the Leadership Team and the full technical staff. The Program Analyst provides support to technical staff, performing a variety of both complex and routine administrative and analytical duties. These duties range from administrative-type tasks such as scheduling briefings and meetings, arranging travel and maintaining program files, to more complex analytical-type tasks such as collecting, compiling, and analyzing data for various program documents and designing and maintaining spreadsheets in support of tracking systems. The Program Analyst ranks tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines, and handles several tasks simultaneously. The individual must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines, as well as corporate practices and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as a Relationship Manager (RM) for various private sector partners that work with Power Africa
- Facilitate and manage relationships with Power Africa private sector partners to maximize the value of Power Africa’s relationships, maintain open lines of communication, and continue information sharing with partners
- Analyze the viability of partnerships, and continually evaluate the status of existing partnerships (Lead the initial administrative steps towards partnerships with private sector companies)
- Manage the periodic (quarterly) data call process to track the activities of Power Africa partners (Update appropriate data tracking systems with relevant information)
- Assist in outreach to Power Africa partners to encourage engagement
- Respond to requests for information on partner activities from other Power Africa offices
- Other relationship management related duties as assigned
- Ad hoc responsibilities that may include administrative tasks such as scheduling and note taking, as needed
- Engage assigned Power Africa partners, ensuring regular contact and communication channels remain open and as productive as possible.
- Prepare concise engagement reports based on research and analysis of existing and potential partners
- Make recommendations based on specific criteria to approach, include or reject additional partners
- Make recommendations for improving communication to build and strengthen relationships with partners
- Obtain and enter contact records, company data, and engagement records from partners into Power Africa data systems, particularly to monitor progress toward power generation and connections progress
- Pull reports from Power Africa databases to inform quarterly reports and briefing materials
- Work with Power Africa Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team to determine appropriate level of data collection for Power Africa’s Relationship Managers and partners.
Qualifications, education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of professional office experience required or a masters degree with no years of experience.
- Experience in international development, energy, and public private partnerships preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet, and Google applications (in particular Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets) required.
- Experience managing customer relationships in sales or a similar capacity is preferred.
- Experience in the use of database applications is recommended.
- Experience drafting persuasive memos, briefing papers, and other professional documents under pressure/deadline.
- Strong editing experience.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with teams in a faced-paced environment, often under tight deadlines.
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain a secret clearance.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and two brief work product samples that demonstrate their organizational, planning, and/or writing capabilities (examples: memo, talking points, social media post, article, data analysis, infographic, or other document – not a thesis or academic paper).
Oral and written communications skills and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
ZemiTek and CAMRIS International offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
ZemiTek and CAMRIS International are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.