The University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries will begin offering Pickup by Appointment for materials on June 15, as part of the gradual, phased reopening of our campus. The Libraries continue to work closely with the university as operational plans are developed, which includes a controlled restart of some campus research activities where it is possible to minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
The Pickup by Appointment service offers the opportunity to begin accessing some of our physical collections in Memorial ONLY through a low-contact method.
Interested in Pickup by Appointment? Here’s what you need to know:
- June 15: The Libraries begin Pickup by Appointment service, limited location, and hours.
- Memorial Library, Noon-4pm, Monday-Friday, or as staffing allows.
- Only users with a valid library card will be able to request materials for pickup.
- Materials will be pre-bagged before the patron’s arrival for pickup.
- Onsite signage will be available to help navigate the process.
- Laptop pickup is still available at Memorial Library, no appointment necessary.
- Other libraries locations may open in later Phase 1 stages. We will work to make materials available for online request from other libraries as soon as possible.
To learn more, visit our website for Pickup by Appointment.
To our campus community: We truly appreciate your patience during this time. We are all looking forward to being together on campus again and returning to regular services. Until that time comes, the Libraries will continue to find solutions to support your research, teaching, and learning needs.