Applications are now being accepted for the Ebrahim Hussein Fellowship.
The Ebrahim Hussein Endowment awards up to $7500 each year to one or more full-time graduate students in L&S at UW-Madison to carry out research on African expressive cultures in Africa and/or archives outside of the United States. The research must lead to a PhD dissertation, an MA thesis, or a publishable-quality paper. Doctoral students may receive up to $7500 each; MA-level students may receive up to $3750 each.
- Excellence of research proposal
- Demonstrated commitment to researching African expressive cultures
- General academic record
- Strong recommendations from faculty
- Timing of the proposed research in relation to degree requirements
Applications for the 2022 year are due by 5 pm on March 11, 2022.
To apply, submit all application materials in one PDF to Toni Landis: email@example.com. Application materials should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 5-page research proposal including a budget and timeline
- Unofficial UW–Madison transcript
- Names and email addresses of three UW–Madison faculty references (please do not have them send letters)